So it is August. Which means we are officially having a baby this month. At this point I mostly feel like we are just in waiting mode, and I almost don’t know what to do with myself. Work has been kind of winding down for me as I’ve prepared to be gone for awhile and passed my work along to other people. So mostly I’ve been at home just kind of waiting and trying to come up with things to do.
I suppose you’re supposed to call it nesting, and perhaps I have felt some of that. But really it’s been less of the nesting urge and more of me trying to come up with ways to occupy myself so that I stop thinking about how impatient I am for this baby to get here.
Things I’ve accomplished this week:
– Finished washing all the baby clothes that we’ll need for the beginning, plus the crib sheets and towels and blankets. We are ready (I think).
– Took pictures of everything in our house and organized them on the computer (with cloud based back up). I heard years ago that this is a good idea should you ever have to file an insurance claim, and I’ve been meaning to do this ever since. Of course I procrastinated on it for years, but every time the tornado sirens went off I remembered how much this needed to be done. So it’s done now, albeit with imperfect pictures with drawers that probably should have been a bit more organized, but it’s something.
– Cleaned out and reorganized the freezer. This has been slowly happening over the past few weeks, but I finally pulled everything out on to my kitchen counter this week (and immediately thought that perhaps that was a bad idea), quickly put it all back in so that it is more organized, and threw away some things that have been in there for way too long.
– Organized the files in my desk drawer. They were overflowing and full of unnecessary things. I’m pretty sure I don’t need four year old receipts for oil changes for a car I don’t even own anymore.
– Baked cookies. To be honest I’m not really sure what else to do, and maybe this is the nesting urge coming through, but all I really want to do is bake. The amount of desserts we have had in our house this week has stymied some of it. But now that we’ve eaten through all the cookies, there are no guarantees about this weekend.